Some FAQ’s about the Walking Free Program:
WHAT ARE THE MEN IN WALKING FREE LIKE?
• They range in age from early 20s to mid-70s.
• They vary in race, marital status, economic and educational backgrounds.
• They are mostly, but not all, Christian.
• They desire to overcome sexual compulsions and behaviors.
• They do not condemn one another but instead encourage each other to live in freedom.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FOR MY FIRST FEW WEEKS?
• A wide range of emotions: fear, shame, anger, hope, confusion, joy.
• The beginning of a journey to freedom.
• An environment of acceptance where others, who understand and have been there, remind you that you are loved and that there is hope for you.
WHAT IS BUILDING FOR FREEDOM?
Following your introduction to Walking Free in First Steps, you will be assigned to a Building for Freedom group. This group provides the foundation for your journey toward recovery, and includes discussion of core (false) beliefs that addicts share and our perceived needs. Bible study, prayer time, and journaling are vital components of the “Building for Freedom” study.
WHAT IS WALKING IN FREEDOM?
Upon completion of Building for Freedom, you will be assigned to a Walking in Freedom group. These are accountability groups where you will continue to (re)develop your relationship with God and establish relationships with the men in your group. Along with the Level 2 workbook, this support group will help you progress on your path to freedom.
– Troy Haas, First Steps