Because you are very vulnerable right now, it is very important that you guard yourself from unsafe people.
• Condemn me or blame me for my husband’s problem.
• Deny or minimize the sin of my spouse.
• Try to “fix” me or “fix” him by suggesting things I should or should not do.
• Give unwanted advice.
• Cannot keep confidences.
• Only stay in relationship with me when I am happy and hopeful. They are too uncomfortable with or embarrassed by grief and anger to allow me to feel negative emotions and to mourn.
• Are arrogant and self-righteous.
• Are unable to see the Holy Spirit at work in me. This would apply both to non-believers and immature believers who walk more in the flesh than in the Spirit.
–Melissa Haas, The Journey: Book One