Ever feel like you just want to spill your guts to someone without any judgment, without any unsolicited advice? Gosh I have…I remember a point in my life when I felt like all the emotions I had completely consumed me. My circumstances were overwhelming. That’s when I found Jenna. Jenna is my professional counselor. I remember the first time I came into her office, and said all the things I was feeling. Some of them I hadn’t told anyone else, because I was embarrassed, or ashamed. She listened to me as I cried on her couch. She helped me feel safe. Over the next couple months, she helped me put together a plan to better cope with my feelings and situation. Involving Jenna in my life is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
We all have moments in life when it feels like we’re drowning. It’s as if life is coming down around us, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. In those moments, it can be frighteningly easy to turn to a bottle, a friend with bad advice, or run away. Professional counseling is an alternative that is so much better.
Professional Counseling has some wonderful benefits:
- Counselors are an unbiased party that listen without judging.
- Counselors are qualified individuals who can offer sound advice that has no personal agenda in your life circumstances.
- If your difficulties involve someone else, involving them in your counseling process can be the saving grace of your relationship.
- Counselors also can provide helpful and practical tools that help navigate life’s challenges.
- Counselors can also assist in taking things from good to great! It doesn’t all have to be in a stressful context!
At HopeQuest, extensive individual counseling to our clients is an important part of the recovery and restoration process. We understand that hurtful and unhealthy behaviors are often the symptom of a much deeper unresolved issue. There are always reasons why we do what we do, even if we don’t understand them ourselves. Getting to the root of the problem is where healing begins.
If you think our TREK residential program or one of our community support groups might be beneficial for you or a loved one, please call or email us and we can help you discover what the best steps are for your journey.